Trainee Junior Technician
Due to expansion we are looking for someone to provide IT and administrative support to Directors, Fee Earners and other staff at all DLP sites and elsewhere. No travel is anticipated.
Once trained, in conjunction with other IT dept staff to:
- Help ensure IT systems are properly functional at all times.
- Help support DLP staff in their use of computer systems and related issues, prioritising work as needed, and solving problems arising wherever possible.
- Carry out other departmental tasks as requested, including record keeping, documentation, software installation, updates and removal, configuration tasks, hardware installation, relocation, maintenance, renewal and disposal, purchase of consumables, maintenance of service contracts, inventory management, system monitoring and scripting.
- Help implement any changes or improvements to IT systems.
- Help ensure that any backups are operational, and that restore mechanisms are effective.
- Help to carry out personal data destruction and sharing of data either with the data owner, or with others in furtherance of their case, in accordance with the law and the firm’s policies
- Help maintain data security and integrity, and be aware of legal and ethical issues regarding the retention, use of, control of access to, and destruction of data, especially personal and sensitive data, and ensure all users’ compliance with the law and the firm’s policies.
- Help configure and improve the working of the firm’s case management system, or any other system used by the firm.
- Help to deal with other equipment, such as telephones, CCTV, and intruder alarms
- Share knowledge with colleagues, and suggest improvements
- Undertake any required training
- General tasks as required by the management.
Skills and characteristics
- Interest in computing issues
- Fair level of educational attainment
- Specific work experience not essential, but should have awareness of various computing issues, and a desire to enhance qualifications, including through non-worktime study.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving/reasoning abilities
- Maintain good relations with other staff
Normal office hours are 9:00am to 5:00pm and we are able to offer some flexibility in these daily working hours. We provide 20 days holiday each year and operate a bonus and pension scheme.
Starting salary will be £15,000 per annum
For an application form please contact:
The Dental Law Partnership
Tel: 01270 613320
Closing date: 17th July 2018