The Dental Law Partnership Complaints Procedure
Our Complaints Policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our Complaints Procedure
If you have a complaint, contact us with the details.
What Will Happen Next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter within two working days of us receiving your complaint.
- We will record your complaint in our central register and open a separate file for your complaint. We will do this within one working day of receiving your complaint.
- We will then start to investigate your complaint.
This will normally involve the following steps.
- We will pass your complaint to Helen Coleman, our Client Care Director, within three working days.
- He will ask the member of staff who acted for you to reply to your complaint within five working days.
- He will then examine their reply and the information in your complaint file and, if necessary, he may also speak to them. This will take up to three working days from receiving their reply and the file.
- Helen Coleman may invite you to a meeting to discuss your complaint. He will do this within three working days of having concluded his investigation.
- Within two working days of the meeting Helen Coleman will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
If you do not want a meeting or it is not appropriate, Helen Coleman will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include his suggestions for resolving the matter. He will do this within five working days of completing his investigation.
- If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, Helen Coleman will consider your further comments and review our decision.
- We will let you know the result of the review within five working days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. We will also give you the name and address of the Legal Complaints Service. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact them about your complaint. If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.