Nerve Damage After Root Canal Treatment
The majority of root canal procedures are carried out without any issues and the individual involved doesn’t experience any associated problems. However, in some cases, you may experience nerve damage afterwards. This isn’t always caused by the negligence of your dentist, but it might be the result of mistakes being made during the procedure. If this happened to you, you might be able to make a compensation claim.
Dental negligence injury claims – more info:Claim dental negligence for nerve damage after a root canal
Get in touch with the expert team at the Dental Law Partnership. We have a proven track record in helping our clients to successfully claim the dental negligence compensation that they deserve. Call us today to discuss your options, on 0808 291 3193.
Frequently Asked Questions
Symptoms of nerve damage after root canal treatment
Some of the symptoms that you may experience if you have suffered nerve damage after having a root canal procedure include:
- Tingling or burning sensation in the mouth, face, jaw or neck
- Loss of feeling or numbness in the mouth, face, jaw or neck, which can cause issues with chewing or speaking
Minor nerve damage will usually get better on its own, given a few weeks. However, more serious nerve damage may result in symptoms taking many months to improve or can even be permanent in some cases.
It might be the case that you have experienced nerve damage after a root canal procedure because your dentist made a mistake or failed in their duty of care to you. If this has left you with pain and discomfort or means that your quality of life has been affected in the long term or permanently, you may be able to claim for compensation.
We’re always proud to be recognised for the work we do for our clients
Mr M North West – 17/01/2020
“All that remains is for me to thank you for your kind words, for your continued efforts, for providing complete transparency and clarity when required, and also for your patience. I wish you nothing but the best going forwards.”
Mr S, East Yorkshire – 20/12/2019
I just wanted to say a big thank you to you, and your colleagues at Dental Law, for all your hard work in pursuing my claim. I was very pleased with the outcome. Every aspect of the case was handled with the upmost professionalism and clear advice throughout. The advice on liability and quantum was right on the mark. I would not hesitate in recommending Dental Law.
Mrs M, South East – 12/12/2019
“I would highly recommend the DLP to others seeking help with dental negligence, for providing excellent advice and clear communication throughout the process, and from a personal point of view making what felt like a daunting prospect at the outset straightforward to understand.”
• A woman from the east of England suffered an avoidable period of pain and suffering as a result of infection and suffered an avoidable repeat root canal treatment. • Ms C lost a tooth and will lose another tooth in the future. • £8,000 awarded in compensation Between 2011 to 2013 […]
• Ms R experienced severe episode of pain and sensitivity • An infection in her tooth was left to spread which eventually led to its avoidable extraction • £5,000 awarded in compensation Ms R suffered multiple episodes of pain when her dentist failed to perform a root canal treatment properly, this meant many trips to […]
• A man in his 30’s from The North East will lose a tooth after his dentists failed to spot and treat decay. • A piece of dental equipment had been left in his tooth after a root canal treatment, this caused him intense pain and he was unable to chew. • £4000 awarded in […]
Fill in the form below for a free initial consultation
The Dental Law Partnership is still open and here to help with your claim. Please call today